Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fluxation without Representation

I've recently had a change in occupation. It was not by choice, but rather thrust upon me. In literally seconds after I was fired from one job, another was offered to me. I'm no expert on hiring/firing, but that turnaround time has got to be a record. It's certainly unique. In this era of economic woe and want, I'm just thankful I'm not unemployed.


Now, the reasons behind my release from a certain coffee dispensary are frankly, quite bogus. Let's just say that I am now looking at my former, fellow baristas in a new light.
In short, fuck 'em. Not all of them, mind you. Just a few. They know who they are. May they all live forever in ignorant bliss. Selfish jackasses.

So I was picked up via free agency in a matter of seconds (literally) by another institution. I'm not prepared to disclose the company by name (thanks to what little pride I have left) but here's a hint...



Nuff said. About that, anyways.

I'm trying very hard to remain positive. Betrayal by your peers is a tough pill to swallow, under any circumstances. So it's not easy. But I got 3 feature length films coming out in a matter of months, and I've done 2 very good shorts this past year. So I've got an impressive reel to show at auditions. Maybe it's time to hire an agent...



Also, the ever-so-wise Overseer at Karma Critic, FableForge has asked me to write film reviews again for the site, plus for a regular segment on the weekly radio show. I did have my reasons for stopping, but I love reviewing films so much, I considered it.


I called upon the Supernatural and hired a fortune teller to summon the impatient ghost of Robert Shaw for advice. Once he began reciting the famous Indiannapolis speech from Jaws, I knew I had to write film reviews again.
I don't know why, I just know what.
What? Well... maybe not. It's all a bit cloudy.

Yeah.
Cloudy. That's a good word.

Just out of curiosity, I sought the advice of another former ex-friend that had betrayed me in the past.


When I asked REDSEXGODDESS, she said, "Ask me again when you have some money."
Considering the gig for KarmaCritic doesn't pay, I disregarded Red's advice as shallow and pedantic.

Anybody else want a taco?

No comments: