Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Coyote Athletics & other stuff

Hey kids...

Big doin's in Coyote sports this coming weekend.
First of all, we here at Turzman Central want to salute cross country runner, Tanya Zeferjahn.
She is the first runner in the history of CSUSB cross country to qualify for the NCAA national championship. She placed fourth overall last weekend in Washington and will travel this weekend to Indiana to compete against the best in the nation in division II cross country.
For the story, goto http://athletics.csusb.edu
Tanya, here is the Turzman's official congrats...
"Jumpin' je-hosefat, yeHAAA!"
You're welcome.

Women's volleyball is going to the NCAA Pacific Region tournament for the 5th consecutive year.
It will be in LaJolla at the RIMAC Arena on the UC San Diego campus.
Coyote Radio will not broadcast the games because it conflicts with my school schedule, so I apologize. However, CSUSB Sports Information Director Mike Murphy has informed me that UCSD will have a webpage devoted to the tourney...
http://www.athletics.ucsd.edu/wvb_regional
Let's hope they handle this website better than the webcast they tried a couple of weeks ago.
Their failure at that makes me think the UCSD computer people can foul up a free lunch.
Anyway, good luck to women's volleyball, who sqare off against Cal Poly Pomona on Thursday at 2:30 pm, pacific.

Here's something for my fellow editors at the Coyote Chronicle staff...
Last week, executive editor Jason Haney took a bite of a piece of sour candy and made this face...
http://turzman.com/misc/jason.jpg
Someone just happened to have a camera.
Well, the photo made its way through Adobe Photoshop and back to me.
Here was the first return, that suggested that Haney was a freedom fighter who barely escaped execution in Vietnam.
http://turzman.com/misc/vietnamshooting.gif
This next one captures the wisdom that every executive editor should have. Presenting, Zen Master Jason...
http://turzman.com/misc/fixedeye.jpg

ANyone can feel free to download the original, alter it, and send it back to me. If it doesn't suck, I'll post it.

E-mail me: mike@turzman.com

I'll have my football picks later this week.

Before I leave, here's a quote from Tony Coors of 00 Distributing:

"If you find yourself in a meeting where someone annoys you or pisses you off, here is the perfect slam:
I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm sure it's hard to pronounce."

"What am I? Flypaper for stupid people? Why don't you idiots get away from me?!?!"
Thanks Tony.

Catch ya later kids.
Live long and prosper. (All praise due to Spock).

m.

No comments: