Thursday, January 01, 2009

Slinging Tacos & Practicing my Spanish

or "How I spent my New Years Eve."

Well that's about it. Not much more to say. It would also be a moot point for me to wish anyone a Happy New Year because no one could have had one worse than mine. It was, in a word, "dredge." Is that even a word?

My January day one wasn't much better. Eight and a half hours of non stop customer service, and I came home to find that I missed one of my all time favorite motion pictures; Them!



If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. James Arness and James Whitmore fighting giant, mutated ants.



Simply bad-ass.

So I missed it, save the last five minutes. Life is such a tease. Right now I'm watching Basil Rathbone play Sherlock Holmes in a film called Terror by Night. Don't you wish you lived my life?

It's not all that bad, actually. In fact, if you were me, you would be posting cool sh*t from the 80's like this live performance of Mexican Radio from Wall of Voodoo -



Admit it; there are times when the Turzman most definitely rules.


Gold-digging hussie REDSEXGODDESS says, "If you rule so much, why did you stop giving me money? Did you forget that if you give me money, I take my clothes off?"





The impatient ghost of Robert Shaw says, "If that bloody video is any indication of what music was like in the 80's, I'm glad I died before having to live through such rubbish."







Hey, I could have posted something from A Flock of Seagulls. But even I have standards in times of desperation.

Oh, what the hell. You Can Run. Enjoy.

No comments: