Wednesday, September 15, 2004

NFL, Coyote sports...

Okay, so I under-estimated Brett Favre and the Green Bay offense Monday night.
But I purport that Carolina has the best defense in the NFL, and Kansas City does not.
Look for Carolina to upset the "Chefs" at Arrowhead, making KC 0-2 out of the gate.
Any bets brewing out there, Wes?
Hey Johnny, I'm picking the Raiders to beat Buffalo, but barely. Surprisingly, they match up pretty evenly on paper. Any Raider fans want to lay some points, I'm taking the Bills and 6 1/2.

I'll post complete week 2 picks later, maybe Friday or Saturday.

Do you want to pick against the experts?
Goto http://www.si.com (Sports Illustrated.com) and enter the weekly pick-pool. It's free, and you can test your handicapping skills against some of the finest sports minds.

Have you taken my advice and visited the funniest media website on the intranet?
Well dammit, go there now!!! http://www.ebaumsworld.com

Coyote Athletics update...
Men's and women's soccer each hosted Cal State Bakersfield to open CCAA conference play but with mixed results...
The men dropped a 1 - nil heartbreaker in overtime to go to 2-3 overall (0-1 conference).
The women creamed the Bakkies, 3-0. They are 3-2 overall (1-0 conference).

Time for a rant...
Women's volleyball is hosting UC San Diego tonight and Coyote Radio is still unable to broadcast live. I was informed yesterday that the equipment will not be ready until classes start, after Sept. 23. Well I say that is intolerable.
CSUSB has one of the top volleyball programs IN THE NATION and I'm getting absolutely no support from anybody about the molasses-like movement of Coyote Radio head honchos.
Why shouldn't we be able to broadcast the games? The equipment is up and running, station management has been aware of the volleyball program due to my summer-long diligence but I'm not broadcasting games three weeks into the season, with conference play beginning tonight against the nationally ranked Tritons of UC San Diego.
This could be a preview of the region championships and I'm sitting with my hands tied and no way to report on it.

Do you give a shit? Then express your discontent to Coyote Radio station manager Robin Lloyd at CoyRadMan@aol.com

Anyway, that's all for now kids. Thanks for tuning in. Hopefully my weekly show will start up again some time soon.

Best regards, and don't take any shit from anybody.

m.

No comments: